Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tredle Vac

Default Tredle Vac

My car as converted to a dual master cylinder before I bought the var. The brakes are horrible, and I have had a quality shop working on it and we have decided that the factory knew best and want to move back to the Tredle Vac system and return to the factory spec's. The front brakes show little pressure till the end and then lock up, we have added a valve, but still no luck.

My question is I have no core, so many won't sell the unit without a core. Is there a conversion to other like a T-Bird/Mercury or other Ford part that may not carry the extreme price tag. I still don't have a core but know that other part numbers may be more available so not an important for a core.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Chris Reeves
    Minnesota

C56B2076
    1956 Packard Executive
    1971 Pontiac Trans Am
    1975 Porsche 914 2.0
    1995 Ferrari 348 Spider
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    911 Porsche Cab C4
    C7 Corvette
    C8 Corvette

I traded 2 treadle vacs to Barry Wolk a while back. You could ask him and see if he wants to sell one.
    Morgan Milstead
    C5691157

I might just do that.

Anything to trade?
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

I wish I did have a group of parts to trade. It may be a long shot; I have two large hides, Bridge of Weir in dark red that I over bought when I had the interior done that I won't be using. Overall, I have been trying to restore, reuse, and generally clean-up to original as much as possible! So, all serviceable parts have been reused. If you would consider selling one, I would be interested. I have been following your work, and I can share my vision of C56B2076 so you know the unit is going to a good home ! Please let me know if you would consider. Thank you!
    Chris Reeves
    Minnesota

C56B2076
    1956 Packard Executive
    1971 Pontiac Trans Am
    1975 Porsche 914 2.0
    1995 Ferrari 348 Spider
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    911 Porsche Cab C4
    C7 Corvette
    C8 Corvette

Make me an offer I can't refuse. I don't even know which internals they have. If you have the choice buy a refurbished sleeve valve unit over a poppet unit. The poppet type is too "grabby" for my tastes, but the car will have a vacuum leak every time you put your foot on the pedal at a light. You can hear and feel the change.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Hi Barry- I sent you a DM on the offer. Please review the message and let me know. Thanks- Chris Reeves
    Chris Reeves
    Minnesota

C56B2076
    1956 Packard Executive
    1971 Pontiac Trans Am
    1975 Porsche 914 2.0
    1995 Ferrari 348 Spider
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    911 Porsche Cab C4
    C7 Corvette
    C8 Corvette

Your offer is appropriate. I’ll open them both and send you the best of the two. If they’re not salvageable I’ll let you know.
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

Thanks Barry- I sent you an e-mail as well. If you can let me know the payment method and what info you need, and I will send the money. Thank you again, helping me get the car back on the road!

Chris
    Chris Reeves
    Minnesota

C56B2076
    1956 Packard Executive
    1971 Pontiac Trans Am
    1975 Porsche 914 2.0
    1995 Ferrari 348 Spider
    Porsche Cayenne Turbo
    911 Porsche Cab C4
    C7 Corvette
    C8 Corvette

Only one of the vacuum chambers I got from Morgan was salvageable. Fortunately, I still had the chamber that Mad Scientist gave me 20 years ago.

The early units were exposed zinc plated that rusted with the slightest scratch, likely the reason they painted over the zinc on later units. Due to interior imperfections I'm going to have the two good units heavy zinc-plated so I can sand imperfections out of the bore on my lathe.

I have enough parts for two units, but I need these parts to complete them. One for you, and one for me. I tire of my car sounding so terrible at traffic lights when I depress the pedal my on my early sleeve valve T-V.

IMG_6102.jpg
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126

All of the first day production photos show an unpainted T-V.

Mark II Folder 2_0263.jpg
    Barry Wolk
    Farmington Hills, MI

C5681126