Hi all...So I've been reading on the issues of how slow it is sometimes to get fuel in. So a while back I replaced the fuel filler hose (someone squashed it pretty good between the frame and body), then replaced and took some kinks I saw in the vent lines, but really didn't get any change on how slow it was to add fuel. So, I lifted the car again and found a very severe kink in the vent hose right above the muffler where it enters the rear quarter panel on its way through the trunk. Now, I didn't want to remove the muffler and exhaust since someone did a bad job welding it on and since I'm going to replace the entire exhaust over the winter, I didn't want to cut it out just to put the junk back on. So, I cut the vent hose about 15" past the tee where the 2 vent hoses come off the tank. Now I can fill the tank up easily. Then I realized the gas is pouring out of that vent hose I cut, so as a temporary meausre, I put a bolt with a hose clamp on the cut hose and same issue, slow fuel up. My question is...Should I be getting fuel in the vent lines? How is it venting if it's blocked with fuel? Yesterday, I went to fill up, the car was near empty, when I removed the bolt on the vent hose and got blasted with a shot of an air blockage followed by fuel on the driveway
Thanks everyone