PDA

View Full Version : Radios for Mark II's

Jack Bowser
04-11-2020, 09:19 AM
Does anyone know of other radios that might fit our cars. A newer radio that is solid state and also FM would be smaller, and a lot lighter and therefore easier to install than our big heavy tube radios.

I believe I saw a Mark II for sale that looked like it had a later radio that fit our radio opening.

I removed my radio yesterday and it sure is a job.

Se my post in technical for how I removed it.

Mark II Seeker
04-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Jack,

I had a '55 Ford that the original type radio was gutted internally and rebuilt so I had AM/FM stereo plus a CD changer in the glovebox. This was before satellite radio was popular but I am sure that can be accommodated also.

I dealt with Mike Hagan http://www.mikehaganantiqueautoradio.com/. Does nice work and I hope still in business. If not there are others that can probably help you while preserving the original look of the Mark II radio.

Jack Bowser
04-13-2020, 02:04 PM
Thanks Brian. I am aware of him but I don't want to modify my radio. I am changing all the old paper capacitors and doing a thorough tune up so it will be available if I ever sell my car and also incase I decide to put it back in the car if I can't find a nice looking radoi that will fit.

I see an outfit sells radioes for all cars and I have sent them a inquirey regarding their readios dimemsions.