PDA

View Full Version : My post replies just disappear

tluke
09-03-2024, 01:15 PM
So Bill K last Wednesday posted a question about window switches by Bill K in the Technical Forum. On Thursday I replied. When submitted it said it wouldn't show up until approved. It never showed up and I received no word that it was disapproved or why it hadn't posted. On Saturday I rewrote my reply and resubmitted. Same message about it needing approval. On the same day I submitted a reply to a different post about the Carter carburetor and it posted immediately. As of today, Tuesday, neither of my two window switch replies have posted and I have no message telling me it was denied or for what reason it disappeared. What's going on? This is, I think, the fourth time something like this has happened to me. Why do some messages get "lost"? I'm starting to take this personally.

jdsnoddy
09-04-2024, 07:04 AM
Happened to me too. I tried to post about Bill's brother's car. Same song second verse.

Barry Wolk
09-04-2024, 08:25 AM
I'm told that Shelly Harris is the only one that can remove or relocate posts. PM him.

tluke
09-04-2024, 09:05 AM
Thanks Barry. I just PM'd Shelly.

Shelly Harris
09-05-2024, 09:51 AM
Things like that happen with our ancient software...

Your reply should have been posted.....

I've loaded a refresh of the forum's software covering the issue... that should fix it.

tluke
09-08-2024, 09:08 AM
Your reply should have been posted.....
I assume that means you saw my reply. If so, couldn't you just have posted it for me? I tried again a couple of days ago and still can't reply to post to Bill K's thread. I finally PM'd my response to Bill but in case there's something there someone else could use in the future, it would be nice to have it as a public post. This has been quite frustrating for me.