PDA

View Full Version : Looking to sell My C5601503. How should I?

Amcontinental
06-10-2024, 01:32 PM
This beauty has been in my family for 40 years.

1956 Mark II. C5601503

I hate to see it go, but I can't give it the TLC my father could.

He passed away several years ago, so it's hard to see this go.

It runs and will run well with a good tune up. Beautiful inside and out.

What's the best way for me to get the max money for it without me having to put much time into it myself?
Should I use bring it to a trailer? A great reseller?
What's a ballpark? (it's not museum quality, not too say that it couldn't be).

The car is in southeastern MA

Milsteads Garage
06-10-2024, 04:13 PM
Bring a trailer seems to be a good place to go when selling a car. Make sure your car runs first because it will bring substantially less if it doesn’t

Amcontinental
06-10-2024, 05:02 PM
How well does it have to run? If I drive it a half hour, it overheats bec of a faulty something or other.

Milsteads Garage
06-10-2024, 05:34 PM
I would be willing to bet if your car was a slow overheater that the problem is a stuck closed exhaust diverter located on the right side exhaust pipe. My car did the same symptoms as yours when I found mine rusted close.

Milsteads Garage
06-10-2024, 05:51 PM
A couple things that make bring a trailer work for you or against you is getting good photos of the undercarriage such as putting the car up on a lift, and uploading YouTube videos to the site so that way bidders get to somewhat experience how the car runs. I notice if you don’t do both, the bidding isn’t as solid.

jdsnoddy
06-11-2024, 09:54 AM
License 28MK28
No front bumper guards
No factory A/C
Suggest a professional appraisal
Looks like a fine driver; just needs a little TLC.
Please let us know when and where it is advertised for sale. Please post the link.
Appreciate your post.
Best regards, John

Shelly Harris
06-11-2024, 11:29 AM
My car is NOT for sale.. this post is just a comment on BAT. Currently, if your car is gorgeous but not PERFECT then bidding at BAT will probably stall somewhere in the 30s. To get bids you have to respond honestly to every comment or bid. Some that comment (even those who have no intention of bidding) will criticize anything to keep bidding down. Your car has to be perfect to get good bids. Top bids {last 6 months) of Mark IIs have not reached 40K. Recently, a very nice white one (no AC) with good pictures and a driving video sold No Reserve for $38K . I would never place a car without reserve. Good Luck

lld
06-16-2024, 08:23 AM
I tried to get my Mark II listed on BAT about 3-4 years ago. Unfortunately, they would not accept the car because they thought my reserve was too high. My car was a high value car but not in the opinion of the BAT reviewer. I listed it here on the forum and then a forum member kindly moved the ad over to the corresponding Facebook group. I sold the car at close to the asking price the first day.

Larry

Jeff Smith
06-17-2024, 09:31 PM
I sold my car through FB marketplace last year. It had good but not show quality paint, new leather seating but seats were a slight different color than the remainder of the interior. It was a rust free car with perfect frame as it spent most of its life in West Texas. Engine and tran had been overhauled at one time and ran good. I drove it to and from Florida with no issues. AC worked until the day I sold it which is when the shaft seal on the compressor cut loose and let all of the refrigerant out. It had new tires and I had the wheels sandblasted and repainted. The windows all worked and the radio was intermittent. I had put new ujoints and centering spool on the driveshaft and new brakes all around. It had stainless steel exhaust It sold for $38500. A few weeks later it was at a pretty high end car dealer in Kansas for $57,000. I went to see the car and all they had done is cleaned and resprayed the chassis. They sold it within two weeks. So that little bit of extra attention to detail like painting the brake drums and cleaning and painting the undercarriage really paid off. Also they have a beautiful showroom and good reputation which an individual seller does not have helping with a sale. I can say that without maximum effort you will not get top dollar unless you just get lucky.