Howard, I'm now 41 and I think what you're seeing is just a bubble that is going to pop once the Baby Boomers run out of money or simply die off. My generation does not idolize the 1960s the way that the Boomers do and there is no way that my generation is going to pay the prices for common cars that are slower and handle worse than most common Honda Civics on the 1990s. Muscle Cars in the early part of the the 2000s will be the Beanie Babies & baseball cards of the 1990s.

Right now, I'm trying to get a parts car (with a title) that can be made whole again but not 100% (or even 70%) original. That is fine by me as I don't want a stock car from the 1950s when the build quality in every way can be made better with modern parts. I want to swap in a V10 with a Mustang AT & aftermarket AC most likely with a modern Lincoln interior just to be different. I want a father-son project and I'm in no hurry to get it done tomorrow.

Blessed are the purists but a restomod car with modern brakes, suspension, polybushings, seats & console, AC, etc is simply better as a driver in every way that matters. Making memories with my sons is more important than making a profit.

I know that this car is not cheap in its own right, but this Art Morrison 1955 Chevy proves how good a classic car can be:

You're right about the negativity of cars not being 100% pure, but I find an apostate car far better than one being crushed to never be seen or enjoyed visually again. Viv la différence!