I've noticed a trend of price bashing on this forum for moderately priced Mark II's. Every car for sale gets clobbered on authenticity regardless of price. If perfection is what you expect then be prepared to pay $247,500 at RM Auction. If the guy who bought this car read the forum he wouldn't pay $40,000 for it because the dipstick was the wrong color 'really !!!' I would challenge 99.9 % of you on the authenticity of your Marks. It's all the hype by the owners of average 69 muscle cars that make the price go through the roof even though they made 100's of thousands of them. My current convertible conversion will cost me about $150k and I'm not concerned that I may have a wrong colored bolt somewhere. That would add another $50k. I will probably be selling my convert. Mark II so I can build the retractable version to keep for myself. However I'd be afraid to list it on this forum as it would probably receive the usual bashing. I build beautiful cars that please me and hopefully others.My 62 mild custom Lincoln convertible took a first place local award over a $1.000,000 deuce coupe.Recently DeTamosa Pantera's moved from $30k to $100 k due to a hyped up frenzy. Richard Rawlings paid over $300k at BJ for his, built by Ring Bros. Our rare cars should be worth far more than a Cuda that is a piece of tin on wheels with a big motor. I'm interested in your feedback, especially those who have the Pebble Beach authenticity bug up their rear.