Bob: Your my kind of guy. Except for the convertible top mine is pretty much stock with a few enhancements. Yesterdays post by Wayne Thomas points out the younger guys point of view. In the future most Mark II's will be restomods. All the coveted 50's chevs etc are going this way now & fetching big dollars. Point is they love the look but want modern conveniences. It's not our world anymore.
Some kids today don't know who the Beatles are. There will always be a 'limited' place (museums) for extraordinary cars that are point perfect but for those who want to enjoy their car I would encourage modifications to the suspension, engine etc. Leave the body as is. We all like the look or we wouldn't buy them. The choice no longer belongs to baby boomers. Example is I love classic country music but can't stand the new country. More Marty, Ray & Merle please. I also love 100 point cars but let's make allowances in the forum for a younger point of view. Maybe under it's own heading like 'Restomods' or 'Mild Customs'